Hydroxyapatite is gaining popularity in the oral care world, and for good reason.
This natural alternative to fluoride has shown the world that incredible enamel remineralization is possible without the use of chemical additives. It’s no wonder there are so many hydroxyapatite toothpaste and mouthwash options out there!
With so many to choose from, we’re here to discuss all the things that set Davids sensitive + whitening nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste apart from the rest....and how it can help you nurture and sustain your oral and overall health.
quick brush up: what is hydroxyapatite?
As a quick refresher, your enamel is that hard outer layer of your tooth (subject to everyday wear and tear), and your dentin is the layer right beneath that contains tubules that lead to your tooth’s center nerve. If your enamel is weakened or damaged, these tubules can become exposed, causing uncomfortable sensitivity.
Nano-hydroxyapatite (n-HA) is simply nanoscopic particles of hydroxyapatite. Nano-hydroxyapatite is what you’ll find in our sensitive + whitening toothpaste. These nanoparticles swoop in to deliver necessary minerals to your enamel and dentin, repairing holes, scratches, and imperfections....and providing much-needed tooth sensitivity relief.
Unlike conventional sensitive toothpastes that use chemical ingredients to numb your sensitive teeth, the nano-hydroxyapatite in our toothpaste penetrates your enamel, remineralizing your teeth from the inside out. Now that’s true enamel repair! In fact, hydroxyapatite is so effective that NASA astronauts have used it for decades to replenish minerals in their teeth and bones that deteriorated during long stints in zero/low gravity environments. Pretty cool, right?
Now you might be wondering....hmm, so what makes your hydroxyapatite toothpaste different from the rest?
why is Davids the best hydroxyapatite toothpaste?
As a small, family-owned + operated business, there are a lot of things that set our toothpaste apart from the rest. Here are a few of them!
Our nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste is EWG verified (along with the rest of our formulas)!
What does this mean?
It means that our toothpastes meet the Environmental Working Group’s strictest health standards, avoiding any chemicals of concern. Good thing! Especially since toothpaste is something you and your loved ones put in your mouth every single day.
What are some of these common “chemicals of concern” found in toothpaste?
- fluoride: this famous ingredient is known for its ability to remineralize enamel. Every single toothpaste with the ADA stamp of approval must contain fluoride! There’s no doubt that fluoride is effective when it comes to enamel remineralization, but research shows that it can introduce collateral damage in the rest of the body (joint stiffness, weakened bones, hormone imbalance, and more) if you get too much of it.
- sodium lauryl sulfate: this ingredient is added to most conventional toothpastes to get the paste to excessively foam in your mouth. It’s the main chemical in foamy products such as shampoo and soap, but we don’t believe it belongs in toothpaste. It’s a common irritant, so it’s been known to cause burning and mouth sores. We’ve replaced this chemical of concern with sodium cocoyl glutamate, which is derived from coconut oil and has a gentle foaming effect.
We’re very proud to be one of the only brands (if not the only brand) with an EWG-verified hydroxyapatite toothpaste, providing you with an enamel-repairing toothpaste you can use daily without any stress or worry. Good for your enamel, good for your entire body.
intentional ingredient combinations
Our hydroxyapatite toothpaste combines n-HA with a bunch of other premium ingredients for maximum performance. To name a few....
- xylitol: this bacteria-fighting, mouth-moistening ingredient works with hydroxyapatite to neutralize your mouth and remineralize your teeth. Learn more about the details of this dream team here.
- calcium carbonate + hydrated silica: as calcium carbonate and hydrated silica work together to “exfoliate” your teeth (loosening plaque and lifting surface stains), hydroxyapatite swoops in to fill in any holes and imperfections on the nano level.
- baking soda: this legendary ingredient works hard to further neutralize any threatening acids in your mouth to ensure a healthy pH and overall robust oral microbiome.
This is just the start. There are so many other amazing ingredients in our sensitive + whitening nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste, from refreshing premium mint oils to nourishing vegetable glycerin. Every single one of our ingredients is sustainably sourced from vendors we know and trust. Our ingredients are 98% USA origin, while many other brands source their ingredients from mass producers overseas.
third party lab testing
Sure, we might be biased when it comes to the quality of our hydroxyapatite toothpaste...but our third-party lab results aren’t.
When we first launched our toothpaste with hydroxyapatite, we turned to a trusted third-party lab to test the effectiveness of our formula against several other leading competitors: Apagard Premio, Boka, Colgate Sensitive, Risewell, Sensodyne Pronamel, and Tom’s Sensitive.
The results were amazing: clear data and photo evidence of real teeth (magnified 3000x) that showed our nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste was the most effective at repairing enamel damage and blocking passageways to the tooth’s center nerve to relieve tooth sensitivity.
Check out the results for yourself!
the Davids difference
As you can see, there are a lot of things that make Davids the best hydroxyapatite toothpaste (and the best natural toothpaste in general). On top of the things we’ve mentioned, our toothpaste comes in aluminum tubes (the most infinitely recyclable material) and FSC-certified paperboard packaging.
Every single ingredient we use is also vegan and cruelty-free, supporting our mission to care for the people, animals, and planet around us. Everything we do is to sustain nature+you, and it shows through our formulas. You don’t have to take our word for it, the proof is in the paste.